Sunday, June 6, 2010

6June2010 Matt 13:58

58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

The Lord uses people who will place their faith, their trust in Him. Jesus was visiting his hometown and his family. He could not, or would not do many miracles there. He did do some, but not as many compared to other places He has been. He was limited by their level of faith. I don't want the Lord to write a chapter about me that says He wanted to do many things through me, but I lacked the faith. I want the Lord to be able to work through me. That is no small task, though. I must be willing to give Him all the credit. I must find the way to fade into the background and allow all the light to shine in His direction. He must be the object of all our attention. That is really hard for me. Growing up I drew attention like an outdoor lamp draws moths. I have had to learn over the years to not do things to draw attention to myself. My loving wife has had a tremendous influence on me. Because of her loving rebukes, and gentle nudges, I am learning to act in accord with His grace in my life. I am learning to speak the Truth without sticking myself in the spotlight. I have to trust that the Lord will be able to get His message across even when I am not acting goofy. At times this is a great struggle for me. When I don't feel people are listening, my first instinct is to act goofy, to lighten the mood, to make my goofiness the center of attention. Jesus' hometown and family had difficulty accepting His new role in their lives. My siblings will probably never be able to accept what the Lord has done in my life. I continue to pray that He will accomplish through me and through others the impossible task of salvation and sanctification in their lives. From an earthly vantage point, this task is impossible. But from God's perspective, all things are possible. I trust in His perspective and I continue to pray and be available. Are you ready to trust the Lord for the impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment