Thursday, May 5, 2011

5May 2011 1Samuel 13:22


22 So on the day of the battle not a soldier with Saul and Jonathan had a sword or spear in his hand; only Saul and his son Jonathan had them.
Simple technology was withheld from the Israelites in order to keep them oppressed. Today, simple technology is also the tool of oppression. But I think it is reversed. We have become captive to technology, and when our technology fails, we are helpless. I also think that we have crippled ourselves with technology. The millions of hours spent watching TV, movies, Farmville, Mafia Wars, World of Warcraft, and the like, drain our brains and our relationships of vital energy and time. Imagine if we spent that time working on our relationships. We would actually know our spouse and kids, our neighbors and co-workers. We would live in community rather and sub-divisions. Our minds would be expanding with knowledge and we would be applying that knowledge for the good of others. I am afraid we have become spiritual couch-potatoes, unable to stand, filling ourselves with empty spiritual calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment